Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre is one of the attractions in Putrajaya, featuring a host of recreational activities and everything nature has to offer. This ecotourism spot has been managed by Marina Putrajaya Sdn Bhd since April 2014.
After opening its doors to the public in 2003, Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre has been the place to be for an out-of-doors experience for the whole family. Its location right in the heart of Putrajaya means that it is a mere 35 km away from the bustling Kuala Lumpur city centre, perfect for a day out without the hassle of driving too far.
Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre is located in the Central Wetland, which serves as the secondary reservoir and part of the city’s flood mitigation system. For those who are not familiar with the Putrajaya Wetlands, it is the first constructed wetland in Malaysia and the largest of its kind in the humid tropics. Apart from its designated function and aesthetics, the wetlands have served as a holistic and interconnected ecosystem. Through the years, the wetlands have flourished to be a green haven teeming with flora and fauna.
Within this verdant setting is Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre, a 76.8-hectare retreat of clean, green outdoor fun. The vast expanse of water set against a background of lush vegetation is blissfully serene for city-dwellers, just what you need to get away from the hustle and bustle and disconnect from the daily stress. This is zen…calling from the very heart of Putrajaya.
At Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre, there’s fun for everyone. We believe that nobody should be left behind, and we make sure of it. There are enough activities to go around for all ages, both in the water and on land.
Take the whole family – and we mean the whole lot – for a day out of doors, away from smart phones and tech toys. It’s time to bond.
Plan for a get-together with friends…for once forget about the usual caffeine-laden hangouts in the city and get in touch with nature. Have fun in the sun…or shade, it’s your call!
Inspiring a team can be tricky sometimes, but you won’t go wrong with nature. Build a happy, close-knit team and increase the chance of success with the activities lined up at Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre. Did we mention aquatic treasure hunt? Check out the packages to suit your team’s needs.
So you have the lake and the green surroundings, but Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre is not only about the location and what nature has to offer. We have a range of facilities that can put the fun in your day out in the sun. Viewing deck, gazebos, picnic tables and a host of other facilities are there to make your day a little brighter.
• Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre is the only public place in Putrajaya that allows barbecue cookouts
• Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre is the only place in Putrajaya where fishing is permitted, and the biggest catch to date is a 25kg Temoleh!
• Designed to simulate natural wetlands conditions, Putrajaya Wetlands acts as breeding and nursery grounds and home to various plants, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, fish, small mammals and birds
• Putrajaya Wetlands is home to various grade-A freshwater fish including Jullien's Golden Carp (Temoleh), Puntius Bulu (Tengalan), Mahseer (Kelah), and Hampala (Sebarau), local wild species which only survive in pristine habitats
• Putrajaya Wetlands attracts migratory birds from the northern hemisphere such as the Intermediate Egret and Siberian Blue Robin
How to Get There
Putrajaya is easily accessible from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Kuala Lumpur City Centre. To get to Putrajaya Lake Recreation Centre, click HERE.